On Christian Living!
Bibles Net. Com - Online Bible Study with tools, resources and how to apply the Bible for your daily Living.
On our sister website we have many relevant update Christian articles here.
Christian Knowledge by Jonathan Edwards here
The Bible by Charles H. Spurgeon here
The Bible Book By Book by Josiah Blake Tidwell here
The Bible Period by Period by Josiah Blake Tidwell here
The Preacher's Power and the Conditions of Obtaining It by Charles H. Spurgeon here
WHAT SHALL I DO?
Be Available – Abandon yourself to God and to His call on your life. Tell Him you will go
anywhere and do anything that He shows you as His will for you.
Be Informed – Don’t hide behind ignorance. Gather all the information you can so you
can pray and seek the Lord intelligently. Subscribe to missions publications and make
it a priority to know what’s going on in the world. If you know where the needs are,
it will be easier for you to meet some of them.
Be Inspired – Checkout our booklist and get hold of some inspiring biographies of
Christian missionaries. You will find out that most “missionary greats” are just common
people who decided to let their love for God and their love for the lost overrule their
own desires in life – allowing God to use them in bold and wonderful ways.
Expect An Open Door – Expect God to give you an opportunity to fully serve Him
through this new information you are exposing yourself to. Then when He opens the
door – walk through it!
A Good Church
When you look for a church check to see that it has the following four things:
- 1. Sound biblical preaching that lifts up Jesus Christ as Savior, Lord and God.
- 2. Humble , godly and wise leadership. ("Red flag" attitudes include: greed, pride, moral looseness, and disrespect.)
- 3. The people of the church clearly love one another.
- 4. There is holiness and clear standards of right and wrong.
Loving the Church
Once you have found a good church (there are no perfect churches) stick with it despite the ups and downs. Churches are full of people like you who make mistakes, aren't quite perfect and say things they do not really mean. One day someone may say or do something that really hurts you. Stick with it then - don't get bitter towards all Christians because of a foolish one or two. Remember some people who attend church are not really born again. Some are still searching, some are pretending, but the vast majority are really nice people. Here are three things you should take to church each Sunday.
- 1. Your heart to be filled with the Spirit. Go with an open and expectant attitude and you will receive.
- 2. Your eyes and your hands - to watch for the needs of the people of God and meet them in practical ways.
- 3. Your mind - to hear, understand and think about God's word. Some Christians think that faith and their minds cannot mix. That is wrong. It is true that faith and a puffed up and arrogant mind cannot mix. But faith and an inquiring mind go hand in hand and create wisdom, knowledge grace and truth.
The more time you make for God - the less there will be for sin and self-defeat.
In particular pray for these things :
- Grace- God to be kind toward you and give you many undeserved favours and the power to resist sin.
- Mercy - for God to deliver you from the messes you get yourself into especially when we are ignorant/foolish.
- Peace - the integration of your life under the blessings of God so that sin has no foothold in you.
- Understanding - of what God has done for in Christ and the power over sin that is within you.
- Wisdom & Discernment - so you can apply your understanding to real life situations.
- To Be Filled With The Love of God - which takes over our hearts and makes thinking spiritual thoughts easy.
To Be Filled With The Spirit - and able to see and perceive the things of God so that we are bold and joyful.
Tell others about Him, and invite them also to do what you have just done. Read your Bible every day. Pray to God, and thank Him, and trust in Him. Find a good, Bible believing Church, where they teach the Word of God, and will help you to come to know the Lord Jesus Christ better, and how to follow Him according to His Word. God bless you.
If you are unsure about a church then talk to some wise Christians that you know and ask their opinion of it. Or ask us here for contact information on caring local Churches in your area, contact us here, we will not favour one particular denomination over another but seek to give you sound principles and advice here.
Experiencing Christ rather than Man's creation or Religion. It does not matter who you are or where you have come from, you are ALL WELCOME to search for truth and meaning of purpose for your life. We genuinely care that you find a true relationship with God on your life's journey. Find out here at our new website www.questionsgod.com.
The scriptures are perfect, but men are fallible. I prayerfully check all of the material I put on my sites. However, I am quite capable of missing something or making a mistake. If you find anything at all on these pages that is questionable or find any links broken please contact us here.